NAHC Annual Conference
Each year, NAHC’s Annual Conference brings together peers, colleagues and industry experts in cooperative housing
to discuss issues and learn together how to strengthen cooperative housing in the United States.
- Cooperative Volunteer Board Members
- Professional Cooperative Managers
- Industry Professionals such as, lawyers, CPAs and leaders who service the housing cooperative community.
Click here to see a list of previous events.
2013 Event - Save the Date!
Registration opens in Mid May!
The 53rd Annual NAHC Conference will be held at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. The hotel is located in the heart of Seattle's thriving retail and theater district steps from Pikes Place Market, Seattle Waterfront and the Space Needle.
A limited number of guest rooms have been reserved at a discounted rate of $179.00 single/double (additional taxes will apply) until Monday, October 7, 2013. In order to receive this special rate, you must mention the National Association of Housing Cooperatives (NAHC) when making your reservation.
After October 7, 2013, or once the room block has been filled (whichever comes first), reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis. To make reservations, call the Grand Hyatt at 206/774-1234.
|| Jackie Brown
|| Barbara Loatman
|| Al Reynolds
Watch NAHC's 2012 Strut Your Stuff Below
The 2012 Conference Program includes:
How Do Your Financial Statements Affect Your Cooperative
- Refinance: Yes/No/Maybe
- Basics for Treasurers
- NAHC New Member Benefits
- Financial Aspects of Strategic Planning
- Understanding Your Financial Statements
Board of Directors and Management
- Duties of the Secretary Beyond Minute Taking
- Evaluating Board Performance/Governance
- Working with Aging Membership
- New Board Member Training
- Evaluating Management: What Does Good Management Look Like?
- How to Solve Board and Member Conflicts
- Real World Team Building
Communications and Marketing to Enhance Your Co-Op
- Facilitating Meetings and Your Perfect Annual Meeting
- How to Attract and Retain Good Members
- Guerilla Marketing
- Technology Today
- Who Are We and Where Are We Going: Exploring the concept of “mission” in your housing cooperative
Improving Your Operations
- Cooperatives Ethics
- Bed Bugs - How to Find Them and Get Rid of Them
- Technology and your Cooperative - Going "Paperless"
- Cooperative Connections
- Preventative Maintenance & Curb Appeal
- Section 3 Requirements
Knowing Your Regulatory and Legal Issues
- Fair Housing Laws
- Lobbying 101
- The Cooperative As An Employer
- Working with HUD
- Developers Forum
- Hot Legal Topics in Cooperative Housing
- Attorneys Roundtable
Registered Cooperative Managers (click here for more details on each session)
- RCM Class Overview Open to Non RCMs
- Professional Interactions
- Professional Interactions
- Tricks of the Trade
- RCM Roundtable