NAHC Resource Library
Click on the links below to read or download useful information on cooperative housing.
- Learn more about HUD's plan in case of a partial government shutdown.
- Click here for information about housing cooperatives in Texas.
- Click here for a presentation at the Cooperative Housing Federation - Canada.
- Profiles of a Movement" Co-operative Housing Around the World - Print copies are also available for a fee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooperative Housing (Section 213): Federal mortgage insurance to finance cooperative housing projects
- Glossary of Multifamily Housing Acronyms
- HUD Voucher Program Acronyms
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) created the National Housing Preservation Database
- Integrated Pest Management: A Guide for Affordable Housing
- Housing Co-operatives in the USA
- History on Housing Cooperatives
- "Cooperative Housing Toolbox" Published by Northcountry Cooperative Foundation in partnership with Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund
- NCB resource, “Home Base: The Playbook for Cooperative Development.”
Click here to view the article on the Strengths of the Coop Model
- Click here to view the list of Most Influential People in Cooperative Housing During the 20th Century
- Sample Co-op Bylaws.
- "Consumer Sponsored, Presold, New Construction Housing Cooperatives," by Roger Willcox, NAHC President Emeritus
- "The Functions and Duties of Directors of a Housing Cooperative," by Robert Szold
- "Mutual Housing Associations Expanding Housing Cooperative Potentials,” by Carr Kunze
- “Brief History of Cooperative Housing,” by Richard Siegler and Herbert J. Levy
“Jerry Voorhis,” the founder of the NAHC, by Roger Willcox, NAHC President Emeritus